Depression and its treatment

Around one in every 10 people will suffer from depression. Brain regions that control mood are often disrupted in depression. Antidepressant drugs or behavioral therapy can offer some relief. By understanding the brain better, our ability to treat depression should also get a boost.

Watch the video to learn about the neural circuits affected in depression, and the molecular and cellular changes that might hold the key to treating it. Created by the editors at Nature Neuroscience: http://www.nature.com/neuro/index.html

Nature has full responsibility for all editorial content, including Nature Video content. This content is editorially independent of sponsors.

Comments

Somina says:

Cheers for the video content! Sorry for the intrusion, I would appreciate your opinion. Have you heard about – Lammywalness Erase Depression Guide (just google it)? It is a good one off guide for beating depression fast without the hard work. Ive heard some pretty good things about it and my buddy finally got great results with it.

Jimmy Vincent says:

I dont think I will ever feel normal again. I am sensitive, empty, alone. I cannot take this anymore…

Matthew Marquez says:

I have i have try to kill my self once

Idoya Savides says:

I feel all of the feeling they said at the beginning.

Sushan Shah says:

I know sucide is not an optionbut sometime i feel like sucide is an option because when u die all pain dies once and for all

JESUS MESSAGE says:

In the name of ALLAH, The Entirely Merciful, The Especially Merciful.
1.Say,"He is Allah, [Who IS] ONE,
2.ALLAH, The Eternal Refuge.
3.He neither begets nor is Born,
4.Nor is there to Him any equivalent."
Verse 112.Quran

Haave Saay says:

Nature is influenced obviously by Pharma. But, almost all media is. Just admit it Nature.

Mago Inmortal says:

I remember 3 years ago, I got a field job and used to walk a lot under the sun, my skin got darker, but I did't feel any depression or anxiety at all. Vitamin D3, or Idk but I felt so much better that year.

Srinath M says:

There is nothing like depression. Doctors hv used this tool to make money.

Parth Salot says:

Guys I have had depression for 2 years getting suicidal thoughts every time. Trust me guys depression goes away with time you just need sleep and sun light and need to be social

douda tina says:

here's a few things you can try
Work out why you suffer from depression – the first step to solving a problem is understanding why you have it.
Be at ease about yourself – this makes it less difficult
Just do it – you will feel better by taking action – especially by doing activities which stretch your boundaries.
(I discovered these and more tips on Martos Magic Method website )

Silver Tounge says:

I would rather stay depressed then use a animal to cure me.

Jen Alvarez says:

I have depression.I cannot understand why.People around me are so fake.They act nice when you're facing them but they make your life suffer when you are not aware about it.I can't understand why they hate me.I tried all my best to act nice to them but things seem worst.They have this reasons.They are jealous of me because my fashion is better than them and I am literally the best student in school.My teachers love me but I'm not a predator.That fashion I am saying are expensive clothes and the way those things suit me.They all say I'm making them jealous on purpose. That just makes me feel I am am boastful person,and an attention seeker.That just makes me look like a bad person.All my years I thought I was the worst person alive in this world,and all the fortune I got is death.It seems like they are happy with me not being around,or even better,me being dead.They say I'm a big problem to their lives.I'm always questioning my whole existence.Why did I met those snakes?Why did I became friends with them?Why am I living if my role is just to make someone's life bad if I'm not even doing anything.I hate this world.It seems like I should live in a different planet,a different universe.I'm here just suffering and receiving all the pain these people are giving me.Words that come out of their mouths are "You are the best" but all I can read in their minds are "Fuck you".I know I've done many stupid things that lead to stupid consequences but I never knew being yourself,nice,polite,and honest can lead to the worst.

blue bird says:

I have spent months researching top cure for depression and found a great resource at Sebs Shy Remedy (look it up on google)

Todd Bedusek says:

What about dopamine antidepressants

Todd Bedusek says:

And addctions

Tushar Chaudhari says:

For Depression treatment genetic base advance homoeopathy PREDICTIVE homoepethy scientific research therapy clinic http://www.predictivehomoeopathy.com/
Predictive Homoeopathy

Reliable Supplier says:

Are you depressed,or suffering from cancer, glaucoma, headache, insomnia, joint pains, multiply sclerosis, muscle crams, nausea, etc or need to get high need the best strains of natural medical cannabis to help you
Get quality marijuana,moonrocks,cannabis oil seeds available at affordable prices .we shipped all over the world with no worries . these medical marijuana we sell are good for people suffering from cancer ,depression general body pain . any body who is interested should send me a Text.
kik……MATIASW44