“I’m Fine” – Learning To Live With Depression | Jake Tyler | TEDxBrighton

Jake is 31 and lives with Depression. Last year Jake embarked on a journey to manage his mental health in a new way, through exercise, sharing and the great outdoors. Jake has now walked over 2000 miles around the UK, vlogging his experiences with thousands of online followers as he goes and attracting the attention of both the BBC and the Royal Family. In this talk, Jake shares his insights into living with depression and how connecting to and opening up to a wide online community has affected his relationship with depression.
Jake is 31 and lives with Depression. Last year Jake embarked on a journey to manage his mental health in a new way, through exercise, sharing and the great outdoors. Jake has now walked over 2000 miles around the UK, vlogging his experiences with thousands of online followers as he goes and attracting the attention of both the BBC and the Royal Family. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx

Comments

HayLyr says:

I told my best friend all about me. My train of thoughts, all my feelings, etc…

She said I was just mentally weak. Well alright.

Nathan James says:

I burst out crying as soon as he mentioned how everything looks normal again and everything gets brighter because depression caused the hues to fade. I thought it was just me. I thought I imagined it all these years. And I just shocked me

Brian Clark says:

Depression truly made my entire life so unhappy before for three years. I was so miserable like everyday I wanted to die. After adhering to this depression therapy “fetching kafon press” (Google it), it did not just aid me to take charge of my life once again, it also made me drop 44 pounds!

jaeyeonnn says:

No one evn asks me "How are you" nsbsb 🙂 oh well. If other people don't care about me then I should start caring for myself

Lauri Snipes says:

Could be living in the dreary cloudy UK.

smitty2166 says:

Very genuine, heartfelt and brave speech.

Sophie Morrison says:

Truly inspiring , I am recovering from depression it can feel so isolating and lonely and that’s where I found my love for mountain climbing. The best view comes after the hardest climb . Depression is hard but everyone is a fighter they can make it through the storm and life is just so precious it’s hard to think that depression tried to convince me to end my life

Kagi 。 says:

My brother keeps mentioning suicide and I’m now seeing the signs..I’m gonna chat with him later today..I’m lying in bed crying about it..it’s almost 5am..I don’t wanna lose him

Ebi Hijuje says:

When taking medication…it's like…I feel like crying a lot… my head hurts… but I can't cry…cause of the medicine

TrashPanda says:

how do you know if you're bipolar or depressed? or both i cant tell :/

Vicky zeng says:

I love this so much. I watched this a few times and I can't believe how much I can relate to it. I went through depression. And when I finally felt better, I realized I almost forgot what it was like to be happy…I'm so grateful.